Spend a day cruising through the Queen Charlotte Sound eco-marine haven, where seals, dolphins, penguins, gannets and shearwaters abound, to visit Motuara Island.
A Department of Conservation Marine Mammal Watch permit allows us to interact with the local wildlife along the 30 minute journey to the Island, a bird sanctuary that provides a safe haven for many rare species, including the South Island Saddleback and Bush Robin. You will have approx 2 hours on the island. A Flora and Fauna identification sheet and map will be provided, with an onboard commentary by the skipper highlighting points of interest.
Our Motuara Island Eco Tour Package includes:
- Two nights accommodation in a luxury one bedroom apartment
- Three course dinner both nights at the resort Plus ... a picnic lunch for your Motuara excursion.
- Full Breakfast each morning in the Kumatage guest lounge
- Return transfers between the Resort and Picton by scheduled water taxi
Options to follow the Motuara Island tour include:
- A day walk from Resolution Bay to Furneaux Lodge on the Queen Charlotte Track, 10.5km
- Cruise to a leisurely lunch stop at a Sound Resort of your choice – Furneaux Lodge or Punga Cove Resort returning at 3.45pm
- Explore Ship Cove and enjoy a picnic lunch at the place that Captain Cook and early Maori explorers enjoyed – return to resort at 3.45pm
- Cruise back to Bay of Many Coves Resort via Ship Cove and Endeavour Inlet. Arrive back to resort at 12pm