Relax, rejuvenate, fish!
Take the Fresh Fish Connection and throw out a line on the MV Tory as you motor to or from Bay of Many Coves. Catch your fish on the way to the resort and let our chefs turn your catch into the most delicious fish dinner you’ve ever tasted. Alternatively you can fish as you leave and take your fresh catch home with you, cleaned and filleted, and ready for the pan.
Enjoy a complimentary transfer service to and from Blenheim Airport, Blenheim Township or Picton, to join the Sound Connection vessel at Picton Wharf. In addition to the fishing, you will also experience the magic and wonder of our spectacular surroundings under the guidance of your friendly and experienced skipper.
Fishing time is approximately 3 hours. All fishing gear, tackle and bait are provided free of charge. MV Tory has an onboard toilet, enclosed cabin area, sink and gas hob. Fish for blue cod or dredge for scallops ( subject to availability).
Complimentary tea and coffee will be served. The water is normally calm in the inner Marlborough Sounds. On the rare occasion that conditions do not permit fishing; Sounds Connection will be sure to create an alternative for you from the range of activities on offer in Marlborough.
Enjoy the surroundings and full facilities of one of New Zealand's finest luxury resorts.
The Fishing Package includes:
- Two nights accommodation in a luxury one bedroom apartment
- A three course a la carte dinner on both nights at our award winning Foredeck restaurant (consider an upgrade to our signature degustation - additional price)
- Full Breakfast each morning in the Kumatage guest lounge
- Return transfers between the Resort and Picton by scheduled water taxi
- 3-hour Marlborough Sounds fishing excursion on MV Tory with Sounds Connection either en route to, or departing from, the Resort
- Transfer via scheduled water taxi one way
- Complimentary transfer service to and from Blenheim airport